Presenting four distinct properties offered individually or in their entirety.
- A portfolio of four distinct ranches along the I-25 corridor just north of Walsenburg
- High wind and solar development potential
- Includes a well-rounded cattle operation with 12 pastures
- Irrigated meadows and water rights
- Excellent populations of wildlife for hunting or viewing, including mule deer, whitetail deer, elk, antelope, and turkey
The Huerfano Assemblage consists of the Orphan, Potts, Big Tree, and Vucetich Ranches located just north of Walsenburg along the I-25 corridor. These properties flank both sides of I-25, are adjacent to the Walsenburg city limits and are ideal for future housing or other development. This region of Huerfano County is known for having exceedingly high wind and solar energy potential. All wind and solar energy rights will convey, and with current trends, presumably, there could be significant unrealized solar and wind value here. These offerings are available individually or in their entirety. In addition to wind / solar development potential, these ranches offer good mid-size grazing opportunities along with good populations of wildlife for hunting or viewing.
2,388 deeded acres
- 5 C.F.S Ditch water rights that irrigate approximately 58 acres currently used to grow a grass/alfalfa mix along the banks of the Huerfano River.
- Pastures are fenced and have ample water supply for solid grazing operations.
- There is a modest three-bedroom home on the property which, with some work, could be more than serviceable. Current pricing reflects no contributory value of this home.
- Wildlife includes mule deer, whitetail deer, elk, antelope, and turkey.
5,728 deeded acres
280 acres State lease land and 40 acres BLM lease
- A well-rounded cattle ranch with 12 pastures, working corrals, 3 wells, and several dirt tanks providing reliable water sources throughout the ranch.
- Permitted gravel pit
- 40 acres zoned for commercial use with I-25 frontage
- Good numbers of antelope and occasional deer
Big Tree Ranch
835 deeded acres
- Nicely improved with a log home, modular home, barn, outbuildings, and arena.
- Property is fenced and cross fenced and lies within an Opportunity Zone.
2,388 deeded acres
400 acres BLM lease
- Solid grazing lands bordering Potts Ranch allow for an expansion of the livestock operation and/or solar, wind, and other development.